The Organizing Committee would like to thank all the participants for their attendance and contribution to the 10th ISEB Conference held in Barcelona on June 1 – 3, 2016.
It was a great pleasure to meet you and we hope the conference was fruitful and rewarding for you.
We wish you well and hope to see you again at the next meeting.
The primary objective of the conference is to bring together scientists and practitioners to catalyse and advance scientific knowledge on environmental biotechnologies, and to present the most recent integrated technological innovations to face environmental problems.
- Characterization of microbial communities and biofilms
- Molecular and microbial advances related to pollutant’s transformation processes
- Environmental processes and bioremediation related to nutrients and metals
- Biokinetic and ecological modelling
- Ecological engineering
- Biomarkers and biosensors
- Identification and monitoring of biohazards
- Groundwater bioremediation: attenuation and reactive barriers
- Bioremediation of sites contaminated with crude oil, petrochemicals and PAHs
- Bioremediation of sites contaminated with chlorinated and other recalcitrant compounds
- Biotransformation and removal of emerging compounds, pharmaceuticals and priority pollutants
- Waste treatment, composting, anaerobic digestion
- Biological wastewater treatment
- Phytoremediation for decontamination, constructed wetlands and other nature-based solutions
- Microalgae for wastewater treatment, biofuels and bioproducts
- Water and waste valorisation and reuse
- Renewable feedstocks and resources
- Biorefineries, biofuels and bulk chemicals
- Industrial applications and sustainability